From the evaluation of the site access opportunities and the examination of the accessibility characteristics of prospective development sites to providing expert witness evidence at appeals, including public inquiries and the High Court, our transport planners work with the country’s leading developers and their project teams, to secure land allocations and implementable planning permissions for a range of development land uses throughout the United Kingdom.
What We Offer
Transport is always high on national and local political agendas, so requirements made of new developments become increasingly challenging: to provide schemes which maximise sustainable transport options in the wider area, have no severe impact on the highway network surrounding the site, and yet which contribute to the local or national economy.Our Transport Planners help developers identify the most relevant and helpful transport and access measures for their specific development, balancing out these requirements to produce cost-effective solutions. Our teams are led by experts in their fields, and we support individuals in furthering their professional development through further learning. Whatever your requirements, Transport Planning Associates can work with you and your project team to deliver your development objectives.
- Providing transport access studies or feasibility studies to assist in site selection and allocation.
- Engaging in dialogue with relevant highway authorities to identify and address issues and to ensure that planning proposals addresses all local concerns and issues.
- Work with the project design team to develop transport solutions to facilitate the development.
- Produce transport statements, transport assessments, travel plans and Construction Traffic Management Plans to support planning applications.
- Work with project town planners and relevant highway authorities to negotiate heads of terms for developer’s legal agreements or to discharge conditions against planning consents.
- Post-submission, represent the client as expert witness at call-in inquiry or judicial review.
- Working with the developer and their agents to providing Personalised or Area Travel Plans for the development’s end users, or acting as travel plan coordinator for the development to take care of long-term travel planning obligations.