We are seeking a Highway Design Engineer to join our busy Welwyn Garden City office.
The successful candidate will work closely with our existing team of engineers and technicians to provide technical support to our design team. The design team is responsible for the development and delivery of preliminary access advice and the detailed design of highway and traffic engineering schemes.
- Production of design drawings;
- Assistance with the preparation of technical reports;
- Preparation of preliminary cost estimates;
- Liaise with internal and external Design Teams, Clients and Contractors as appropriate;
- Attendance at site progress meeting, as necessary; and
- Working to project financial and programme constraints.
The successful candidate will have at least one years experience in highway design and/or traffic engineering. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree in civil engineering or other relevant subject;
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision; and
- Commitment to continued professional development.
A working knowledge of Civil3d, AutoTrack, sign and drainage design would also be beneficial.
We offer a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, and non-contributory pension and life assurance schemes. We would also support your career development and encourage professional qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org